The NSP Protech Fish is a new shape, built with a brand-new construction, exclusive to NSP. Stable and wide, with a flatter rocker – Protech Fish are fast, fun and very affordable – a perfect board for ripping in all conditions.
This board is recognized by the Sustainable Surf Foundation as a Level One Eco Board; "An ECOBOARD is a high-performance sustainable board. It has the same technical performance attributes as any modern water-sport board, while having reduced environmental and toxic impacts.”
Bottom: Concave into V
Ideal waves: 1-6ft
Level: Beginner – Expert
Most fishes have more volume and less rocker than typical shortboards, making them a great option for weak or mushy waves. The Protech Fish comes with three M7 fins out of the box, but an RTM upgrade is available from NSP too for grippier turns and more performance. Find them below under "optional accessories”.
– Wide nose creates more volume for added buoyancy providing more stability, faster paddling, and easy entry into the smallest waves with quick acceleration.
– Rocker and rail outline are combined with single to double concave bottom, with vee through the tail incorporated into a wide swallowtail.
– The slight hip behind the front fins reduces the area under the back foot creating a pivot point for snappy turns. Boxy and full rails also add to the overall volume and forgiving nature of this model.
– The Protech Fish performance delivers traction, down the line speed and maximum drive over the flattest of sections.
– A tri-fin thruster setup guarantees speed and liveliness, with enough hold to ride out a line.